Thursday 24 December 2009

Retroactive - Sol Character Design I

In my second year 10/2008 to 06/2009, I worked as an animator on a graduation film directed by Harry Wormwald. The film is finished now, but as the university still holds the copyright for it, I can't link it here, but I will do in two years when it expires (I think). I did some character design and animation for the film, but my main role was to design and animate the horses (or rather one horse then draw it twice), which I did.

The brief was to design the horse of Helios/Apollo/Sol, and therefore had to be the meanest, most badass sonofabitch of a steed that could totally wipe the floor with those horses the ring-wraiths had. So I did what any character designer would do and turned to my little pony. The one in the field next to uni that is. What did you think I meant?











No comments:

Post a Comment